Corporate social responsibility company policy
This Corporate Social Responsibility company policy template is ready to be tailored to your company’s needs and should be considered a starting point for setting up your social responsibility employment policies.
Policy brief & purpose
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy refers to our responsibility toward our environment. Our company’s existence is not lonely. It’s part of a bigger system of people, values, other organizations and nature. The social responsibility of a business is to give back to the world just as it gives to us.
What is corporate social responsibility?
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy outlines our efforts to give back to the world as it gives to us.
This policy applies to our company and its subsidiaries. It may also refer to suppliers and partners.
We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
Our company’s social responsibility falls under two categories: compliance and proactiveness. Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values. Proactiveness is every initiative to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment.
Our company will:
Respect the law
Honor its internal policies
Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate
Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights.
Safety and fair dealing
Respect toward the consumer
Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
Examples of Corporate Social Responsibility
Protecting the environment
Our company recognizes the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all. We’ll always follow best practices when disposing garbage and using chemical substances. Stewardship will also play an important role.
We’ll ensure that we:
Don’t risk the health and safety of our employees and community.
Avoid harming the lives of local and indigenous people.
Support diversity and inclusion.
Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labor practices. We’ll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country (e.g. forced labor).
Donations and aid
Our company may preserve a budget to make monetary donations. These donations will aim to:
Advance the arts, education and community events. Alleviate those in need.
Our company will encourage its employees to volunteer. They can volunteer through programs organized internally or externally. Our company may sponsor volunteering events from other organizations.
Preserving the environment
Apart from legal obligations, our company will proactively protect the environment. Examples of relevant activities include:
Organizing reforestation excursions
Using environmentally friendly technologies
Supporting the community
Our company may initiate and support community investment and educational programs. For example, it may begin partnerships with vendors for constructing public buildings. It can provide support to nonprofit organizations or movements to promote cultural and economic development of global and local communities.
We will actively invest in R&D. We will be open to suggestions and listen carefully to ideas. Our company will try to continuously improve the way it operates.
Our company is committed to the United Nations Global Compact. We’ll readily act to promote our identity as a socially aware and responsible business. Management must communicate this policy on all levels. Managers are also responsible for resolving any CSR issues.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy:
Bay Promo, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Bay Promo, LLC prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Bay Promo, LLC conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
The policy of equal employment opportunity (EEO) and anti-discrimination applies to all aspects of the relationship between Bay Promo, LLC and its employees, including:
- Working conditions.
- Wages and salary administration.
- Employee benefits and application of policies.
The policies and principles of EEO also apply to the selection and treatment of independent contractors, personnel working on our premises who are employed by temporary agencies and any other persons or firms doing business for or with Bay Promo, LLC
Dissemination and Implementation of Policy
The officers of Bay Promo, LLC will be responsible for the dissemination of this policy. Directors, managers and supervisors are responsible for implementing equal employment practices within each department. The HR department is responsible for overall compliance and will maintain personnel records in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Bay Promo, LLC administers our EEO policy fairly and consistently by:
- Posting all required notices regarding employee rights under EEO laws in areas highly visible to employees.
- Advertising for job openings with the statement "We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."
- Posting all required job openings with the appropriate state agencies.
- Forbidding retaliation against any individual who files a charge of discrimination, opposes a practice believed to be unlawful discrimination, reports harassment, or assists, testifies or participates in an EEO agency proceeding.
- Requires employees to report to a member of management, an HR representative or the general counsel any apparent discrimination or harassment. The report should be made within 48 hours of the incident.
- Promptly notifies the general counsel of all incidents or reports of discrimination or harassment and takes other appropriate measures to resolve the situation.
Harassment is a form of unlawful discrimination and violates Bay Promo, LLC policy. Prohibited sexual harassment, for example, is defined as unwelcome sexual advances, request for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when:
- Submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual's employment.
- Submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting such individuals.
- Such conduct has the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with an individual's work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment.
Harassment also includes unwelcome conduct that is based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Harassment becomes unlawful where:
- Enduring the offensive conduct becomes a condition of continued employment, or
- The conduct is severe or pervasive enough to create a work environment that a reasonable person would consider intimidating, hostile, or abusive.
Bay Promo, LLC encourages employees to report all incidents of harassment to a member of management or the HR department. Bay Promo, LLC conducts harassment prevention training for all employees, and maintains and enforces a separate policy on harassment prevention, complaint procedures and penalties for violations. Bay Promo, LLC investigates all complaints of harassment promptly and fairly, and, when appropriate, takes immediate corrective action to stop the harassment and prevent it from recurring.
Violations of this policy, regardless of whether an actual law has been violated, will not be tolerated. Bay Promo, LLC will promptly, thoroughly and fairly investigate every issue that is brought to its attention in this area and will take disciplinary action, when appropriate, up to and including termination of employment.
Drug-Free Workplace Policy:
BAY PROMO, LLC, in compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, hereby gives notice to all employees that it is the formal policy of BAY PROMO, LLC that it is in the best interest of both the company and its employees to provide education, awareness and assistance where appropriate relative to the dangers inherent in the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession or use of a controlled substance in the workplace. The special consequences of drug-abuse in the workplace include the threatened safety to co-workers by those who are impaired by drugs, the increased danger of defective or substandard services being provided to the public and diminished productivity.
In order to combat this problem area, the company will provide all employees ongoing materials and information concerning these dangers and available avenues of assistance. The Company further gives notice:
1) The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession or use of a controlled substance in any company work area is prohibited.
2) As a condition of employment, employees must abide by the terms of this policy.
3) Any company employee who is convicted of any state or federal criminal drug statute for drug-related misconduct in the workplace must report in writing the conviction within five (5) days thereafter to the Office of Human Resources.
4) Violations of this prohibition will result in administrative sanctions, ranging in severity from normal counseling to termination from employment, immediately or within 30 days, whether or not the violation results in conviction under state or federal criminal drug statutes for misconduct in the workplace. Satisfactory participation in a company-approved drug abuse assistance or rehabilitation program may be required as a condition of continued employment by the company of all employees who violate this prohibition and are not terminated from employment.
5) Information about the dangers of drug abuse in the workplace and the availability of drug abuse assistance and rehabilitation programs may be obtained from the Office of Human Resources.
6) Where necessary because of conviction and incarceration, decisions relative to suspension or termination or the granting of leave for treatment will be determined individually.
7) All company employees are required to acknowledge by written signature that they have been made aware of this policy, understand same, will abide by the policy, and to return a signed copy of this policy to the Office of Human Resources.